Monday 2 April 2018

Head Space.

Christmas has well and truly come and gone, the New Year is well...almost half way through, a new job that has been started and so much still to do around the house, it is hard to get my head in the game for planning any adventures.

My blogging, which I love, has taken a back seat for past...jeez how many months? I suppose we all need a break to regroup and refresh, and furthermore it is so hard to get back into a motivated state of mind...just getting started is the hardest thing.

Motivation has gone AWOL for the past six months and the bike has sat idle in the shed with the exception of commuting the short distance to and from work...and here it is Easter holidays.

The weight that I had lost has returned with a vengeance after a dismal past six months. Knee pains, ankle pains, back pains are all become the norm once again. Too many beers, way too  much unhealthy living and a lack of pedal motion has all worked together to drag me back into the pit of obesity, all 121.5 kg's of it. Not bad considering I was done at my peak of 96 kg's, and even after giving up on the racing I was happily hovering around the 100 kg's.

To be honest I just haven't been bothered. I have found myself watching YouTube rather than doing stuff to take footage to post to it.

But that is changing as of this weekend. I have a short trip to take away but after that...BANG!!!!! I am into it once again. There is so much I want to accomplish this year and I'm off to a bad start I know, but I've always been one to cram study the night before an exam...lol.

But Konnie (my Kona Sutra) needs some tlc and attention, and the old Merida MTB is past due for a dust off. So this blog is no longer just about cycling, it's about taking my badly neglected life back. Hopefully it will assist with the motivation I lack at present...hang on, just wait a tick whilst I grab another beer... What? The weekend isn't over yet...lol.

There were several things I was planning for this year but unfortunately work has disturbed my social life, and they will sit in prime position on the mantle waiting for when the time is right. So I will get back into trips shortly, just relatively local, as I have four days every week to get out there.
Like I have always said, "Being married with children and bills to pay the long trips aren't always a reality".

I have so much to see around here that I could video and blog about. Bundaberg is beautiful part of the world.

On a further note, I am also setting up the old Pajero for some up and coming family trips. I have an old trailer that I intend on building up as a camper trailer, and along with some swags, these trips shouldn't be too far away. Of course, at least the old Merida MTB will be strapped to the roof as I have to take the opportunity to cycle in unusual places that we intend to set up camp. These should be a lot of fun.

Four-wheel-driving and bush camping is something that I have always loved. So the Paj will be set up a little more appropriately, whilst the old trailer will be set up to carry our large fridge, gear and kitchen etc. I have the plan in my head, I just have to establish it into reality. Plus, like I said, some of the places we intend to travel will make some awesome bike riding.

So it was just a short blog today mainly to get be seated behind the keyboard again, and it feels good.

To those who have followed this blog, and to those who read it when posted...thank you, I appreciate it. I apologise for the absence.

So no it's just a matter of loosing weight and getting my fitness back once again. I'm looking forward to what the near future has and can't wait to tackle it head on.

Cheers guys, and ride safe.

5 comments:

  1. Its not fun getting old. Aches pains. Not sleeping well. I too share those maladies. I dont get on my bike as much as i did. Summer one reason. But i gave myself a kick in the tail and started a bucket list.as my best mate has left qld i have had to go it alone. I have met new bike friends on FB and strava. And if i lived closer i would drag you out to go riding. Motivation can be hard. But you can do it Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get there mate. HEY! who you calling old? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one in the boat....
    But you're right, It's time to get out of the boat and back into fitness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting started is the hardest thing. Once we start mate, it should be all down hill from there :)

      Delete