Friday 26 April 2013

GO HARD SEA EAGLES

I took on a role as coach of Burnett Heads Junior Rugby League Football Club Under 10's at the beginning of this season simply because my daughter was playing for the first time. Seeing the reason we moved back here was to have more quality family time, the decision seemed reasonable.

Its been a bit difficult, kids behavior, not listening so forth, and the first two games we were trounced pretty heavily by kids that were twice our size. But it has been an improvement from week to week. The first game my team lost all purpose. The second game, although a vast improvement, the other team trounced us hard.

But although there has been the hurdles at training, they have improved. But it was apparent that they didn't believe in themselves. You see, 70% of the team haven't played before, many not knowing the rules.

I'm not about the performance, I'm about the learning of the skills, improvement and most of all enjoyment. I don't care if they loose, I just want to see them improve, and learn the skills of playing position, and team football.

Well, today I am proud to announce that the Burnett Heads Sea Eagles U10's had their first win today, 14 - 8 against Brothers Blue.

Its not about the win, although as a coach I am excited for them. Its about the way they played, playing their position to a tee. Both teams put on a great and exciting display of footy. You could have mistaken it for a game of an older age group.

I was so proud of my little team with big hearts, and especially when I asked them prior to the game, "Do you believe in yourselves", the answer rang loud, "Yes".

So, well done on the win guys, but I am mostly proud of the way you played.


Winners are grinners :)


No comments:

Post a Comment