Tuesday 1 August 2023

One Week On

Ok, ok, let's not get caught up in semantics. I know it's a little over a week. A recuperating man gets busy you know. There's the resting, and then there's more resting, a toilet walk, a drink walk and more resting.

The week home has melded into some kind of mega day. I'd make a movie about it, but Ground Hog Day covers it all.

As the wounds heal, the pain is subsiding a great deal. There is of course still the muscular pain, which is like the pain you get when you exercise too much. That is something I'm not used to.

The stitches have all fallen out, and the need for bi daily dressings has ceased. My mobility is improving, although I am still not sitting, which I can't do, because it's naughty to do so. 

Sitting is something that I am missing right now. Laying or walking constantly is a pain. I've mentioned my little front porch, well it's not the same as going out and sitting. Funny how little things are missed.

Driving in the car is no easier, albeit a little less painful. It is still a matter of laying across the back seat, with seatbelt somehow entwined around me.

With a lot of time spent in bed I have become somewhat of a novelty for our cats. One has always liked to lay on our bed, but it appears that it is now a case of how many can we fit. Hopping on the bed, no problem, using as a wrestling mat or zoom pad is unacceptable. No matter how I show my outrage, the buggers don't listen.

I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to venture outside a bit. The problem that has been to date is that after standing, or walking for a while I get sore, nauseous and very tired very quickly.

I plan to start back on meal replacement meals next week. I've eaten a full and varied diet, now I'll focus on less calories for a while, at least whilst sedentary.

That's pretty much it this week, like I said, repetitive. Hopefully a little more excitement next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment