Sunday 15 October 2017

Rainy Day Blues.

With the rain continuing to fall it hasn't been possible to get out and ride, or do anything outside at all. I'm not complaining though, we certainly do need it. The other week when we were camped at Benarkin and then headed to Brisbane, steady rain persisted the day we arrived at the Big Smoke (Brisbane). But little did we know, until much later that evening, that our home town received a massive 320 mm of rain. It did vary throughout our region, but it was nice to get home and see our area green rather than tinder dry. But a heavy downpour isn't what is needed, the steady continuing fall that we are getting at the moment is.

So what to do when the rain persists and one can't get out and ride? Well I could have cleaned my bike but I did that the other day. So at my wife's instructions, oops, suggestion I did some much needed spring time cleaning. I really do have so much to do before I leave at the end of this month but it is mainly outside.

I had planned to do a review on my tent, but no thanks. I also planned to do some cooking videos to show some recipes that I cook when away. Unfortunately the patio looks like a bomb has hit it and the kitchen has been occupied all day with little chefs going crazy.

My garage is an absolute mess. Its funny, every time I seem to get it tidy and usable, someone who shall remain nameless wants to move more out there or go through stuff. Then there's the camping gear I still haven't put away from the trip. My plan was to tidy it all up at once, it's not looking good...lol

The gardens that I did manage to get cleaned up the other week have re-sprouted full of weeds after the rain and reasonably humid weather. I'm back to square one once again.

I will manage to get my travelling gear out and do a video to compliment my gear list tomorrow hopefully, so I suppose that is some progress.

What's the point of this blog then? I suppose it's a case of rainy day blues causing boredom and anxiety at the same time. Boredom because I can't do anything that I wanted to, like ride. Anxiety because I know I am planning on leaving soon and I still have so much to get done, and need it done before I go.

Other than that I do love the rain, and we need it so bad. I don't even mind riding in it that much. But that is mainly when I am trapped in it, rather than heading out in it. But I did plan some lovely riding this weekend and so I am a little disappointed.

So as I continue on in my rainy day doldrums, I'll sit here and watch the dog go a little crazy chasing his tail around in circles. I know how he feels.

Cheers guys, and as always, ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment