Sunday 23 July 2023

Homeward Bound

 It was quite a painful ride home today. I felt every bump on the way as I laid on the back seat.

Last night we stayed at Wondai as Goomeri and Murgon were all booked out.

We found a lovely moter inn, The Colonial. Quiet, comfortable, and with great room service and tucker, made the, "I can't go any further" hurdle somewhat easier.

We came home via Murgon Gayndah Rd, Ban Ban Springs etc today. Still a much preferable option than Woolooga Brooweena Rd.

It is absolutely wonderful to be at home in my own bed. It really does help soothe the aches that abide. The ones that were the result of laying constantly on one's side on a rather stiff hospital bed.

Im home now and as the drugs wear off, and all the crap leaves my system I begin the healing process. The doctors have given me six to eight weeks before doing too much, especially driving, riding etc. I am giving myself eight to twelve weeks. This is going to be a permanent repair. It has been repaired correctly, I want to keep it that way.

For the next month at least it is, 

lift nothing over 5 kg

Lay 1 hr, stand 5 min

Light walks

Wear my bike knicks constantly, who'd a thought I'd have a box full of the perfect healing attire.

Absolutely no sitting for the next six at least. Shit I miss it.

I have to honest and say that this bout of surgery was as worse, or in some cases even worse, than my original APR. The abdominal pain is horrendous. Impacting it further, is the dry cough one picks up whilst in hospital and after anaesthesia.

Ah well, that's pretty much it in a nut shell.

I did do one naughty thing when I arrive home. I went briefly to the shed to peak in on the new bike. I also looked longingly over at my other darlings as they sit patiently for Old Bum to ride again.

No comments:

Post a Comment