Friday 3 November 2017

Ho Hum!

I should be getting excited right about now with only two days before depature, and yes I suppose I am in a suttle kind of way.

I would normally be getting everything ready, packing, unpacking, repacking etc. But tomorrow looks like an extremely busy day for me. I am in Brisbane at the moment helping my brother-in-law move house. That's some exciting shit right there...lol.

This was organised after my planned departure and although I should be anxiety level 100, I am not. I have a lounge room floor covered with a sprawl of gear that is is to be packed. I know I have all my gear in that pile...well I hope. I even think we had carpet last time I looked.

My bike is in top shape and ready and raring to go thanks to my good mate Jack at Dr Bike. He kindly picked it up last week and serviced it, cleaned it, adjusted everything and returned it like a brand new bike. I could never complain about his service.

The route is well mapped out, thought out and planned out...as well as one can. I do want to go for a short ride and double confirm Komoot's navigational skills just to be on the safe side. I'll do this tomorrow morning early on my Sunday ride.

I do need to go and do a small shop for some food, tinned and fresh. But again a Sunday chore. Batteries need a restock of course.

I suppose I need to fit a birthday dinner in for my wife. I'll be away for her birthday. Isn't she a lucky woman? Yes, I think so...lol.

I also have aquired a 20 watt solar panel so I intend to wire that up to my battery pack. It's a little bigger than I'm used to but it's not any heavier. The 5 watt panel that I have beeen using but does lack a little in a couple of ways. If I have low light for a few days in a rown, and trying to charge an electronic item whilst charging the battery it struggles. With the larger panel I'll have no trouble charging the battery and a phone/garmin/lithium battery pack etc. I intend to use my phone extensively for navigtion so battery drain is a concern.

I also am testing my tablet with my new wireless keyboard as a small computer, and it is working well. I've replaced the old USB keyboard that I had simply to make it easier to post photos as I blog. That was a reason I didn't blog much during my last rides, it was just a pain in the preverbial. I'm silly for not doing this earlier.

So as I prepare to leave Brisbane for home with a loaded car and trailer I am pleasently relaxed. This may change tomorrow night before my departue on Monday. But I am confident that everything will be done by tomorrow afternoon.

I dont know if I have mentioned how excited I am before, but incase I haven't...lol. Even though the lead up is kind of dull, I am sure this will change tomorrow night. But then again, helping someone move is no real reason for celebration...lol.

Cheers guys, and as always, ride safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment